Dienstag, 13. August 2013

first day @ customer site

Since it yesterday worked out so well, we just decided to go out for a run today again - and it's perfect! So we got an every day jour fix now: 7:00am run in the park :-)

At 8:30am our personal driver picked us up to get to Essar's. It took us about 45min to get there. I've never been to a refinery before, so it was really impressing how hugh these company areas are. After applying for a temporary badge and a security presentation, we met the C. Manoharan the director of the refinery. He was very interested in us and about the work we are doing! Impressing!
It also seem like, people have some difficulties to pronounce my (new) surname. And it came to the following conversation:

client: "How do you pronounce that?" Tiping on the surname of my business card
me: "Teutsch"
client: "Ttuch?"
me: "With an -tsch..."
client: "tusch?"
me: "Please just call me Katrin" :-)

I need to say, in india it's common (like in all english spoken countries) to call people just by their first name. We're also doing that within the project team - the customer was just interested.

Tomorrow we gonna go over our SOWs (statement of work) again, to reassure all expectation can be met and to verify what's in scope and what's out of scope.
On Thursday there'll be a public holiday (independence day) with different celebrations and the customer already invited us to come to their Essar township (a place where all Essar employees have the chance to live) to see a parade and all the other things they do.

So I'm really looking forward to that!

Since there are no cameras allowed on the whole refinery plant, pictures from our project working environment will be rare.

20ibmcsc India

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen